Saturday, September 8, 2007

Saturday....what a day!

Dad, Mom and I headed over to the marina this morning because there were two couples interested in seeing the boat. So we wanted to give it a little shine before they got there. I know you won't even believe it but Dad actually pulled the boat out and drove it out of the marina and then let the guy interested in buying the boat drive it and then dad pulled it back into the slot. I am sure that he is just exhausted. It was hard on him, but we think that he enjoyed being at the lake where he loves it so much. He also got to visit with some friends there who also have boats in the marina and on the same dock as them. Every one is being so good to our family right now. Thank you all so much. Curtis asked today if they think dad will be okay after radiation and possible Chemo and I said I personally think that he is going to be fine. Obviously his body heals itself fast and he was still supposed to be in the hospital today and yet he was out on the lake driving his boat! That ought to tell you something. Curt and Esther were amazed at how well he looks. Dad says that he looks like %@*$ which makes me so sad to hear. So Dad HEAR THIS we want you to know that we would rather look at scars then not have you with us. You are looking great! Hang in there and get some rest! Love ya, Deidra

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one comment to make about Marty being out driving the boat...."WOW!"
We all agree Marty, seeing you with scars means we are seeing YOU! And we are grateful for that. Hey, remember, guys love war wounds because it makes them look tough, but you already know that. We love ya, Randy and SunDee

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Marty got to go out on his boat. He is one tough cookie. Like every one says we don't mind looking at the scars. We are all very glad to still have you with us. You mean alot to alot of people. Hang tough cousin.
Love to all

Wetzel's said...

Marty you are doing GREAT!!!! You are amazing!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!! Like everyone is commenting we will take scars any day as long as we have you here with us. I like to read quotes this one made me smile I hope it makes you smile. "I smile because you are my cousin, I laugh because you can't do anything about it."
Love Danton and Susan

Tammy said...

We love keeping up with the reports on how Marty is doing. We are so pleased to hear good things. I hope you know how many people are interested in how things are going. Keep healing!!!!
Love,
The Tarbets

Anonymous said...

marty, i, suck at this computer typing thing. i hope you read this. we are glad to here you are dooing good. me and savana and lainey want to see you. you were a courner stone in my life. i realy want my dauter to now now you.and we pray for you.get better soon the romine's

Anonymous said...

Marty,
I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We miss you on the "crew" at work and think about you daily. I know you will be back with us some day as you are a true fighter. Hang in there Marty and remember we are all there for you. Keep your faith and your chin up!
We miss you, Dixie