Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A room with a view!!

Yes, dad has been moved to the floor and is enjoying a beautiful view of the Salt Lake Valley. We had fun last night watching the storm move in. It got really exciting when the power went out in the hospital, thank goodness for the back-up generators. Dad is doing phenomenal and was in a great mood. Deidra, Josh, Andrew, Mom, Angie(me), Ilene and Darren (Dad's sister and her husband) were all there visiting. He did get a lot of tubes out and is enjoying the freedom to move as he wants. All he has left is the IV, doppler and the feeding tube and all can be quickly unhooked and he is off like a dirty shirt as Grandpa Jack would say. They are still hoping for check out tomorrow and the way things are looking I would bet he will be able to. I haven't talked to my mom to find out how everything is today but I will update later. :) Ang

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! That is so great to hear that Marty is in great spirits. I hope that he will be able to come home soon. We all miss him. Hey Marty, I am so glad that you are doing great. You have giving me a scare. You are an awesome cousin and hope that I may return to Bear Lake to visit.
Love always....

Anonymous said...

Dear Gang,
I am glad to hear that you are doing well and better than on schedule. I have some bad news that I need you to tell Marty, before he comes home, because he will need some time to get over it and mellow out.....While I was at your house I ate 4 piecesof his chocolate licorice!!!! I know, I know, I am very naughty. But I was there and it was there and I was hungry and I just did it!!! Sorry Marty! But when he is up to eating licorice again I will buy him all the licorice he wants!!!! Love, SunDee Sue

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to check and find good news from you. We look forward to getting Marty and LaRee back in Bennington where they belong :)

Morton & Ann said...

What good news. We are so happy to hear that Marty is ahead of the doctors expectations. He isn't one to lay around and get waited on, is he. We will be happy to see you all back home. We love this Baker family!!

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT news. Marty I am real excited to hear about your progress. I will be in Idaho in a couple of weeks and I really hope you will be up to a hug from your cousin cause I have one waiting for you. You are the best. Keep up the good work.

Love ya, Barbara Ann

Anonymous said...

Did Dr. Sharma put in the smaller trach tube like was planned for Tuesday? I hope coughing isn't a problem and that Marty's lungs are doing well. It was wonderful to hear him talk--I thought that would be impossible. Be careful and have a safe trip home!
Love,
Polly June

Anonymous said...

please tell marty, this is jay his old riding to work partner, the one that Laree chooed out for getting him looped after work,and sending him home, that me saVana,and little lainey are extreamly eager to see him. I would like him to see how much my daughter has grown. best wishes to marty, and all the family.