Monday, September 3, 2007

Hello again,
This day is just flying by. It is already 5:30 pm. Dr. Sharma came and changed Marty's trach to a smaller lumen trach. It was not without pain, but will be a good change. It is now plugged and Marty is breathing ok without taking the cap off. (Good news).
The plan is still to continue with ICU cares today and then will be moved to a regular room on Tuesday. As we anticipated, the doctor acknowledged that Marty is ahead of schedule and he is himself very impressed with Marty's condition today. He may lose the chest and (donating) arm drain tomorrow and start on "Bolus tube feedings" rather than the continuous drip. That will be one less tube tying him down. He is now watching TV with Angie. So far today, his visitors have been me, Mom, Polly June, Terri and Steve, Angie, Larry and Jeanette. .........maybe more to come.
This has been a very unique Labor Day for us; one we will never forget.
Again, thanks to all for your comments and prayers and concern. We feel very blessed to have so many family members and friends at this time. Love, LaRee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LaRee,
I got your message on cell phone today and am so happy that Marty is doing better with his resting and hopefully that means you will get some much needed rest yourself. We are glad that we came to see for ourselves that Marty is still himself and get in on some of his humor and smiles. I was surprised at how strong his grip was when I squeezed his hand to tell him good-bye! I am feeling so grateful that he is doing as well as he is! Take care and let us know what we can do to be of help. Love, SunDee

Mandi said...

I thought about all of you the entire weekend! I talked to Curtis in the store and he gave me a small report. I hoped to see Deidra but I know she was where she wanted and needed to be. I am happy to hear Marty is doing better and getting more rest than the first few nights! I will check back later. Good job on the updates all of you!

Anonymous said...

Dear LaRee, Marty and Family,
We've been checking this blog several times every day and it is so good to hear that Marty is doing as well as he is. You are all in our prayers morning and night. I know the whole ward is praying for you too. Thank you so much for allowing us to check on Marty's progress.
Love, Keven and Jocelyn