Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Night News From LaRee

Dear Friends and Family,
First of all, I will mention our blessings, which are many. Marty has had quite a good day. He took a bath and even shaved (just a little) so that we could retape his feeding tube. He's looking better all the time. Angela, the home health RN, made a visit today and was impressed. He is being a very patient patient and has been very grateful for the kind acts and cards and calls on his behalf throughout his illness. He is still in a lot of pain, but has 2 different meds to take for pain. His tube feedings have gone well and he is soon to go for a checkup on Wedesday with Dr. Sharma , the speech and swallowing therapists ... and we will have more answers and a plan for what is next.
So, you see, we have many blessings.
However, I have been in a dark cloud of gloom since last night after learnign that my friend and fellow nurse, Janet Keetch Skinner, was killed in a tragic horse related accident. It is still just unbeleivable. It is not an exaggeration that everyone who knew her, loved her. She will be so missed on this earth by so many. She leaves 6 children and 3 grandchildren and a widowed mom and many brothers and sisters-in laws.
I left my patient for a while today to go see some of her family and special people. I just had such a hard time beleiving it was true. She lost her husband years ago when he was killed by a bolt of lightning and has been such an example of just bravely and quietly going on each day and working and raising her family. She had a knack of making everyone feel important to her and that they were her friend. I told Rod today that the hospital will just have to close for her funeral, because EVERYONE will feel the need to be there. I was told tonight by Jessica that the funeral is Thursday, at 1pm at the Montpeleir Tabernacle.
Life is precious. We never know when our time will come . I am so grateful for our good family and friends. Please continue to have Marty in your prayers. He has a long road ahead of him ......and he is growing weary of being a patient already. I will report after all our appointments Wednesday.
Love to all, LaRee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LaRee I am so sorry to hear about your friend. My prays are with you. Marty you keep hanging in there. I am sure it has to be hard to be patient but you can do it. You are a super COUSIN.

Love to both of you,

Barbara Ann

Anonymous said...

wow, LaRee I am so sorry to hear about Janet. my heart goes out to her family and also yours. Marty I am so proud to hear that you are doing great. I have been thinking about you and the family everyday. Keep that Baker smile. Talk to you soon. Love always

Wetzel's said...

I'm so glad to hear that Marty is contuining to improve. Good luck with the doctor appointments on Wednesday, we will be anxious to hear the results. LaRee I' so sorry to hear about you friend. You are all in our prayers and thoughts. Thanks again for the up dates.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Marty-
I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts daily and I hope wonderful things for you and your family. Lots of Love
Cami