Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Early AM in the ICU Tuesday September 4th

Good Morning,
I could not sleep and finally decided to just get ready for the day and get packed up to check out of the motel.
I have tried each day to get more days there, but they have been booked up because of a convention in town . I packed up, stopped at the lobby to check out and the night manager was surprised. He said I had one more night there(checking out on Wednesday am)....duh! I said that I knew that, but had somehow lost track and thought it WAS Wednesday. I told him I would just go ahead and check out because I needed to find an opening somewhere else anyway for Wednesday night and I had checked everyday and there were no openings here. He typed a few things into his computer and extended my stay thru Thurs. WOW, I could hardly beleive it. So, what seemed like an embarrassing mistake, has turned into another blessing.
We have no promise, but a hope that he may be released as early as Thursday.
When I arrived at the ICU, I found an awake and miserable Marty. He needed suctioning, needed pain meds and needed SLEEP. I reminded him that today is going to be a really big day as Dr. Sharma is coming to see him very early before he starts his surgery cases. 3 drains/tubes will hopefully be removed and the move to a regular room is planned.
I hope NO ONE is really awake to read this early post. But, it will be here when you check in later in the morning. I'm afraid I will not be able to post again for a while ....once things start happening today. Thank you for your interest and concern in following the bakerblog. It has been heartwarming to read the comments and see how many have him in their thoughts.
Love,
LaRee, (MOM, Grandma Ree)

11 comments:

Cheri J. Crane said...

Marty, LaRee & Family,

Thank you again for posting this blog site. We've read every update and reported to other family members (like Verdene) who are concerned and also praying for your welfare.

You're passing through this taxing ordeal with courage, determination and faith. What an example you are to the rest of us.

And what wonderful news to learn that Marty will probably move from ICU today. Our prayers will continue to be with you all.

Much love,

Kennon, Cheri & family

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that Marty will be moved from ICU today. Thanks so much for keeping us informed LaRee this means alot. You are a very special person. My prayers are with the both of you.

Love, Barbara Ann

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about your family and praying for you.
Amanda (Crane) Porter

Anonymous said...

Marty, LaRee, & Family,
I thought I would let you know that we are thinking and praying for you. I am down in New Mexico with Maria, but McKay and Lexi are keeping things going at home.
Tell Marty to hang in there. I know that he can conquer anything. Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya all,
Susie and Mckay Crane

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear that Marty is doing great and is moving to a regular room. Keep the faith Baker family this to shall pass.
Love always ashley

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the up date LaRee, it's good to hear that Marty is doing better. I hope today goes well for him with getting some of his tubes out. Our prayers and thoughts contuine to be with the Baker Family.(LaRee I sure hope you will be able to get some sleep tonight).
Love always
Danton and Susan

Anonymous said...

Dear Baker Clan,
We are home now. Hope you have had a good day Marty and that getting some of the extra tubing will help you to get more comfortable. Hang in there LaRee! I know this is so hard to see Marty be so uncomfortable with you having very little control to make things better for him, but you being there for him is really what matters most!!! I'll be checking for updates. Love, SunDee

Anonymous said...

Dear Baker Family,
Just wanted you to know that Wynn and I are thinking about you. I haven't been able to dial up my internet the last two days, but finally got it to work tonight. It's great to hear how well things are going even though it's probably not fun or easy. Hang in there!! You are in our prayers and thoughts. Be tough Marty and do what the Doc says so you can get home as soon as possible. I'm still waiting for some new Nora Roberts books when you get finished with them. Lots of love! Wynn and Lisa

Anonymous said...

LaRee,
What a shock to my system when I talked to Deidra today. Yes I was upset and it brought back so many memories but I am so thankful that she called and let me know about Marty. I just wish that I would have found out sooner. My heart goes out to you. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Tell Marty that I said HI and GET BETTER!!! And please if you need anything let me know. And please know that my thoughts, prayers and love are with you and your family!!
Leslie Spencer

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I hope your day was a good one and that the tubes did come out (via Medcal staff!) and that Marty got moved to a private room. Know that positive thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. Love you, SunDee

Dialysis Crew said...

Hey, So glad to hear all is going so much better. I think of your family alot and remember you in my prayers. Take care and continue to improve. Love Lanitta

Laree and Family,
I am so glad to hear things are going so well. Give Marty our love. We all miss you and the patients all ask constantly about how things are going. Ted and Liz check the blog daily and think its neat your keeping everyone informed. We love you and keep you in our prayers. Love, Angie

Laree and Marty
I am so glad that everything is going well. We miss you so. We have been thinking of you lots
love Jamie

I don't know that I can say much that hasn't already been said. I don't know you that well Marty, but given the way your family and friends talk about you I know that you are an incredible person. We love you to death LaRee and wish for only the best for both of you. Stay strong, we care about you and we are praying for you. Please stay in touch and let me know if I can do anything for you... other than dishes and toilets I'm game.
Zach