Sunday, September 30, 2007

Approaching The Radiation Adventure

Dear Family and Friends alike,
Well, MUCH later than we had anticipated, we are finally settled in for the night at the University of Utah Guest House in Salt Lake City. It is about 10:30 pm and we are both exhausted and hoping to get a good night's rest. Everyone here is so helpful and kind. Anyone who has traveled with me knows how "light of a packer" I tend to be and for this trip.......even Marty packed up a wolloping bunch of stuff! He knows the foods that are working and what comfort items and clothing is working best and so.....we looked like a family of 10 moving in. I'm sure his story will be that it was all my stuff, but NO.
Thank you to all who are still keeping Marty's illness and his fragile state in your hearts with prayers and all who have and are helping us in any way. We feel very blessed to have so many who care and we know that. As he faces another new process tomorrow, my prayer is that he will be able to get some rest tonight. His normal difficulty in getting a good night's rest has worsened dramatically and he is running on very little sleep. Pray for him to have the blessing of sleep ! (me, too!).
September has just raced by so fast, it hardly seems believable that today is it's end. I am hoping to adopt a more positive attitude for October and focus on our blessings and all the things that have gone right in the course of the past months. Marty really needs a strong, brave, cheerful companion NOW more than he ever has in our 35 years of marriage........and he deserves that. So, just expect a new me after midnight tonight.
We are grateful that Simplot "Smoky Canyon" folks are planning a future fund raising event in Marty's behalf. It is overwhelming to think of the work they will be going to....to do this for him. We will say more about that when we know the details.
Goodnight and love, LaRee .....and of course, Marty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are hoping and praying for the best. Just so you know, if you aren't able to be a new you, tomorrow, I think we will all understand. I hope you both get some rest and that all the "stuff" you have with you will make you more comfortable and feel at home. Thank you! I can't help but think of the song, "Smile though your heart is aching", because we know it truly is!!! It is so hard to be in pain and so hard to watch loved ones in pain. May you be blessed with peace and comfort! Love, SunDee and Randy

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping and praying that everything will be ok. Marty you are strong and will be able to pull through anything. I hope that Laree will have some peace of mind as well. Keep the faith. Love always!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey mom and dad. I just wanted to know how the radiation went today. I hope to get an update soon. Love you guys....Deid

Anonymous said...

I sure hope things went well for you today Marty. You are in my prayers and thoughts daily. LaRee I know what a special and caring person you are. Thank you for taking good care of Marty.
Love to both of you