Sunday, November 25, 2007

HOME ALONE

Dear Family and Friends,
Marty looks and sounds so much better tonight. I did go to the Craft fair in Paris where Deidra had a huge table display of scarfs, rice bags and Mary Kay items. She is one ambitious girl. Angie had beautiful handmade magnets for sale at the table, too. I just sort of hung out, but it was fun and I knew Marty was in good hands at Bear Lake Memorial. Things ended at 300 and I got to his room about 3:30. When I finally saw him, I was thrilled to see how good he looks and that he had some company while I was gone. He is on heavy antibiotics, IV or by mouth pain meds and able to keep down each meal they send. It has just been wonderful to see him eating and keeping things down him. He is really a trooper and I am very proud of how strong and brave he is being. Lots of tests are in store for him tomorrow and we are not sure what will be the next course of action. He is much stronger today and Dr. Thakur told him to take a walk which he did. He loves this little walker and gets around in it well. I am just thrilled that he is on the uphill swing now. I really do not know how he could have finished up the 30 radiation treatments without his strong personality. We are grateful it is over and that these 2 weeks after (which he was warned that the radiation would still be killing tissues)is over, too. It was so fun to see him eat and keep it down. He still has a devil of a time with his pills and liquid meds, but he is figuring it out. I do NOT know how and what to plan for his upcoming bithday, Monday. At this point, we are not even sure which hospital he will be in, but hope it will still be BLMH and we can all get in to see him. I will be working, but will try to keep checking on him thru the day and then sit with him after work until bedtime. He was calmer today, took a great walk with me and just looks so much better. This is very encouraging.
Sending his love and mine to all of you in blogland who are reading our blog to keep up. Love to all, LaRee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some real GOOD news...I am glad to know that he is going uphill now. LaRee give him a hug for me on his birthday. It is his stubborness that has got him through all of this. He is the best. love to both of you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marty!!! Hope you got our card. So glad things are a little better and will continue to pray for you to hurry and feel good again....whenever that was!? I think it is pretty wonderful that you have Maid service and women catering to every beck and call. That in itself should be a pretty good Birthday gift. Love, Randy and SunDee and of course Michelle