Friday, October 5, 2007

The Trailing of the SHEEP

Dear Family and Friends,

Yes, it's true! I have arrived in SunValley, which , at this time of year, always involves passing under the big banner announcing that it is the annual Trailing of the Sheep. It is a very interesting story---someone else can tell you. ( You all know how I hate) to tell stories. No matter how many times I have the privilege of coming to SV, I never ceased to be amazed at the beauty, peacefulness and elegance of the Sun Valley Inn and Lodge. I did make a stop at the Flying J just off the freeway to walk and stretch a bit and get some fresh air. It was fresh, cold and snowy air. I also stopped at Kings in Hailey----I knew the few basics I was needing would be much more reasonable there and I was right. I love that the staff here are mostly young folks from foriegn countries. They all have darling accents and bend over backwards to be of service. I didn't really mean to, but ended up getting Valet parking as I checked in. I joked with my helper that he could tell I was planning to stay the remainder of the year at SV and he nodded in acknowledgement. He did NOT know I was joking. I know, I have GOT to get packing lessons from SunDee and Terri SOON. IN THIS LIFETIME, AS IT WILL BE UNNECCESARY IN THE NEXT !!! I am staying in Room 32 of the INN and I as very lucky as I am just doors from the heated pool. So.....of course that was the first event of the day. I have drank a quart of herbal tea (the calming, camomile type) that I love and I thought that was a great supper of me. I have unpacked and just had a nice relaxing night. I am so sorry to be missing some very important visitors in Bennington this weekend, but I cannot be everywhere. Marty made it home safely, as I knew he would, but he sounded very miserable when we talked tonight. He is tired and I pray he gets the night's sleep that he so needs. We are so grateful for the kind and thoughtful things people keep doing for us. I am making a list and it is getting longer and longer all the time. Keep Marty in your prayers and know we love you,


LaRee, and of course, Marty














0 comments: