Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Benefit For Dad

First of all let me say that dad is hanging in there. He came home this weekend and we all went to visit him. He was pretty tired and really sore. With the radiation going he is having trouble swallowing and is a great deal of pain again. His throat is swollen and it is hard to swallow and eat. Hang in there dad.......like you said 1 week down 5 to go. I know this is feeling like an eternity, our hearts ache for the pain that you are feeling...........but we are so glad that you are still with us. Love you!

On Saturday November 10th from 10am-5pm at Jolara Lanes Bowling Alley in Montpelier, Smokey Canyon Simplot Mine is hosting a benefit for dad to help raise money for medical expenses. There will be bowling through out the day, and a lunch at 1pm. I am not sure what the charge is going to be for bowling but I know that they are going to charge per plate for lunch. In addition I have asked the local businesses to participate in donating things to raffle off. Tickets will be $1.00 each and you will not have to be present at the benefit to win. I haven't got the tickets yet but as soon as I do they will be sold by me and at a few businesses in town, like the Hospital, Ireland Bank, and Thimble Wood so far. I will post another blog and let everyone know if there is anywhere else, and when the tickets are ready to sell. Our family thanks you for all of your love and support. If anyone has any questions on the benefit please don't hesitate to call me or send me an e-mail deidrajo@dcdi.net
With Love, Deidra

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really awesome that the bowling alley and Simplot is giving a helping hand.... I hope and pray things will get better and soon. your are right 1 down and 5 to go.... Hang in there Marty. I hope that it will be all over soon....Lots of love always!!!

Anonymous said...

The benefit sounds wonderful and all the work you are doing to make it a success is appreciated Deidra! Don't know what the family would do without your loving and supportive acts of kindness and generosity! Hang in there Baker clan! Our prayers, hugs, and love are sent to you all!Randy and SunDee

Anonymous said...

I am real glad to hear about the benefit to help out...that is awesome. I know this has to be very hard for you Marty, just know that you are loved by all. My prayers are with you.

Love to all