Monday, October 22, 2007

Dad is getting worse

I probably should not post this until I get word from mom on what the radiologist oncologist wants to do but as some of you already know each week dad has been getting worse as far as dry throat, mouth, bleeding in his throat and the fungal infection but this weekend when he came home he lost his voice. That is how dry his throat has gotten and he could not eat or drink. I think that he maybe drank 3 carnation instant breakfast which he threw some of that up. His appointment was supposed to be today at 4 and mom was going to work until noon and then they would head down but last night she thought that they ought to get him down to SLC so that this morning they could go ahead with putting a feeding tube in his stomach. I haven't heard from mom yet today and so I don't know what the plan is. I hope that if he does get the tube in that it will ease his hunger pains and I hope that he won't be throwing up. He is just so miserable and things are just going to continue to get worse until the treatments are done. Keep him in your prayers. He has 3 more weeks until the healing process can begin.
Thank you for all of your love and support.
Deidra

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so worried about you Marty! I know it sounds awful to have the feeding tube, but you NEED nurishment!!!! Is it time we call for another family fast? All of you who are witnessing how hard this is for Marty and for LaRee, our prayers are with you too! Hang in there and we will be looking for some good news. Love, Randy and SunDee

Anonymous said...

I am so concerned about Marty and LaRee... I think about you both everyday wondering when all this is going to get better.. Hang in there and keep smiling!!! my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Lots of love always!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are anxious to hear about the events of this Monday to see if they feeding tube is in and the radiation was able to be done. Let us know if the shortness of breath was pneumonia--something we don't want to happen! We love you and wish we could do something to ease the pain. Keep us posted.
Thanks, Bill and Polly

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about how thing are going for you my cousin. I do hope they put in the feeding tube so you can get some nurishment to help build your strength back up. You are loved so much and I know this has got to be very hard for you. Keep fighting Marty you are almost done with the treatments. My love to you and the rest of the family