Friday, October 5, 2007

The end of a very INTERESTING week!

Dear Family and Friends,

Marty and I part company this morning after treatment. He is coming home for the weekend and I am going to SunValley for IHC meetings. It was an honor to be asked to go, though I know I am only going by default-----my heart aches about the "why" I was asked to go. But, it may be a very big blessing for me to have a break from things and the kids and other family can be Marty's helpers for a few days. It may seem selfish of me to go, but I am really looking forward to it and the meetings and atmosphere are always wonderful there. It is one way I can help and I have not been very much help for work lately.

I hope the Baker clan down this way will touch bases with him at the first of next week when he will be on his own.

We both slept well, for us.....and woke up excited to get a break for RADIATION for the weekend. Marty is feeling pretty strong this morning.

Pray for Marty's safe arrival home and mine at Sun Valley. I am so sad to miss a visit with Aunt Nilace, Colleen, Nancy and Amy Kay, but hopefully they will be welcomed and have a wonderful time with the family there. I would very much love to see them all.

We have really love the University Guest house. I would highly recommend it to others who need treatment down here.

Love to all, LaRee, and of course, Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels to both of you this weekend. Our constant love and prayers are with you both and the rest of the kids as well. We will be sure to be there for Marty while you are at the seminar LaRee, he will be in good hands with everyone down here. Enjoy your time, you DO deserve it. Marty, I will say it again, we are only a phone call away. Much love to you both. Love, Gordon, Michelle and the kids.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that the week has come to an end. LaRee you do deserve some time away, you have been wonderful for Marty. Marty I could say I am only a call away which I am but also many miles.... I will be thinking of you and hope you have a restful weekend and get some rest. As always love to both of you