Monday, January 28, 2008

January 28.2008 Monday

Dear Family & Friends,
Wow, it is so hard to describe how things are going here at home. Marty is still on quite the roller coaster ride with how he feels. He can feel pretty good and actually enjoy a movie or venture out into the cold to deal with snow.....and then not be able to relax, get warm enough, then cool off enough. We do believe his internal thermastat has been fried in all this--and he is very fragile that way.
It seems hard to realize how long he has been sick now and how long ago he was working and maintaining his life as it was. So many changes impact his today and all his tomorrows. Thank you one and all who are continuing to remember in your thoughts and prayers. He really still needs them.
I am very proud of the persistance with which he is trying to keep up on all the meds and cares and nutrition---even when it seems too hard.
Except for a few hours of education hours, I hope to be home most of tomorrow to catch up on the nightmare paperwork that is taking over our home. So much of it just needs tending to and some just needs to be filed in file 13, if you know what I mean. We are very aware of so many around us having great struggles of their own at this time and keep each in our prayers.
We had such severe weather in Bear Lake today, that school was called off and we were holding our breath until all our patients arrived safely. Then there was the issue of them getting home safely. Some stayed in Montpelier at a motel and some braved it home. It was a windy, snowy dozie of a storm. But, we got a lot of inches out of it. Marty, left to himself all day, went out to push snow with his Bronco and blade. That involved him getting stuck and requesting Brandon to be his recue ranger. I could not believe the snow atop my Durango when I went to come home from work tonight. Fun.....mostly once I'm home and can just look out at it.
Please know we aprecaite each kind and thoughtful act of service on Marty's behalf. It means so much to him. Love, LaRee and , of course, Marty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a note to let you know you are in my thoughts. I am sorry it is still ruff going for you Marty. You are loved alot.

Steve said...

Keep strong Martin and don't let the snow get you down. Always thinking of you and keepinjg a prayer in my heart for you.

Keep thinking how much fun it will be this summer to get your new outbuilding up..... :~)

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, I was thrilled to see a new post. It was having you stay with us last week and I am sorry it has taken me so long to tell you that. Deid was telling me about all of the snow adventures. It sounds a little crazy. We are hoping to make the final decision on when we are headed up in the next few days I will let you know. Love Ang