Friday, December 28, 2007

Enduring to the end.......

Dear Family and Friends,
It seems impossible that the year is coming to it's close. Marty is doing better. We can all see that he is getting stronger. He has a really good day and then perhaps an awful one, but things are better. He is NOT tolerating the cold at all!!!
And, we have plenty of that here this week. It has been bitter, yet we've had new snow. Whatever happened to "it's too cold to snow" ?? Life's Rules that I've spent 55 years learning are just being broken right and left!!!
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers and thoughts. We also pray for so many of you who are also facing challenges each hour of the day.
We are NOT making New Year's Resolutions this year. Last years look pretty hilarious (and sad) as we look back on them. We will just make Daily Resolutions and hope we are able to keep those. I sent out so few Christmas cards this year, but somethings just had to go undone. We hope your holidays have been filled with lots of love, laughter and warm fires and love. Belated Merry Christmas and a Very Happy NEW YEAR !! Love, LaRee and ,of course, Marty.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom and Dad, This is the first time that I have left a comment. I know hard to believe since I set this whole thing up. But suprisingly enough I haven't know how to do it. I just wanted you to know that we have set our blog up so you can comment on that as well.

Angie said...

Wow! That was easy. I don't know why I didn't do that before. Talk to you soon. Love Ang

Aly said...

Grandma Ree I'm glad you foo's are doing better. Merry belated Christmas to you too! Guess what? I've got a blog! It's not very good, but I have figured out how to edit the hypertext markup language crud so that it does patterns and stuffola on the background! Whoop! Whoop! Anyways, my blog is at

http://afrenchfryshortofahappymeal.blogspot.com/

and Baylee's is at

http://bayleebug.blogspot.com/

Oh, and believe it or not, Carter's is at

http://spikyhair.blogspot.com/

That one is kind of pointless, but whatever. Alright, buh-bye!

P.S- Is this the longest comment EVER or what? Sorry! Bye!

Aly said...

HEy g-ma and g-pa!! I am glad that you guys are doing better!! Did you have a good Christmas? I hope you did!! We are thinking of you and you are in our prayers. Happy New Year!!! Love you!!
Baylee

Anonymous said...

It is good to see that Marty is having some good days. I am sorry it is sooooo cold there for you. I want to wish you a very Happy New Year. love to both of you.
Barbara Ann

Anonymous said...

So glad to see and hear about Marty's progress--slow but sure, huh?

I hope you have checked your volume to get that figure for the discount order. I ended up placing another today when they extended it one more business day because of the phone lines on the 31st.

It is unusually cold here, too. Can't imagine what it's like in BL. I will stay at Jayne's tomorrow night and head to PA at 7 a.m. on Friday. Hope there are no ice storms there in the next couple of weeks.

Is Marty able to stay warm with long johns, comfort pad and all the Far infrared stuff you can put on him? I hope so! He just needs to get some of that body fat back. Glad to hear he is finally able to eat a little real food.

You are both in my prayers....for better health and peace in 2008.

Love you both, WM