Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8th, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,
Wow, this is a neat date---12/08/08. Today is the "sandwich day" between Holly's Birthday on the 7th and Brandon's Birthday on the 9th. How can it be that our little Bicentenial babies will be turning 32 this year???
Tomorrow marks our 36th Wedding Anniversary, also. I am so grateful to get to celebrate this day with him. I have meetings followed by more meetings, but we will be able to spend the evening together.
We have really been trying to have Sunday dinners every other Sunday. It does take work and planning, but we have both really enjoyed it and I think we are getting a little better at the getting out and putting everything away game. It was fun this Sunday, as we had the tree and decorations up and everyone got to see them. We had a mini program put on by the Grandkids and it was fun. Marty was the cook and I was mainly the helper. When everyone left, we were tired, but both felt it was a wonderful day. We thought alot about the Boltons----having their fun adventure at Disneyland.
We feel very unready for Christmas, but that will be our focus for the next while and as usual, ready or not, Christmas will be here before we know it.
Marty thought of 2 homemade gifts that he could do and hopefully can have the energy to accomplish his plans. I am rooting for him to do them. I always feel people appreciate homemade gifts and coming from him will make them very special. I, as usual, have some pretty fun ideas, but money and time (2 very endangered resources) may make them ideas for "next" year.
No matter how much I may whine if you see me in person or talk to me on the phone, please KNOW that I have a very grateful heart for all the wonderful people in my life, all that I have been blessed with and the knowledge that I have about the purpose of our time here on earth.
We are so grateful that Esther has done as well as she had going through surgery on Marty's birthday. She is a good patient and although she cannot return to work yet, she is healing and getting stronger. Marty made a comment after all the kids left yesterday that his boys are just like him in that they all chose beautiful women to marry. I thought it was a very sweet comment. And, it is no secret that we agree that our own daughers are beautiful women as well.
We hope all is going well in your world. Thank you so for checking in on us and for all you have done in any way to help us, be kind to us or entertain us.
Love, LaRee, and of course, Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marty and LaRee
I just wanted to say that I am glad that everything is going great for you both. I can't believe that Marty is 60. Happy Birthday cuz. Anywaz I will chat at you later. love ya

Barbara said...

Happy Aniversary!!!!! sorry it is late. I love both of you and am always happy to read in the blog on how things are going. Happy Holidays. Love to both of you.